How are appraisal values calculated?
Appraisal value is based on these key factors
- A property's use (such as home, business, vacant land, etc.)
- A property's characteristics
- Square Footage (total living area)
- Age (year of construction)
- Quality of Construction
- Amenities (such as bathroom count, garage, carport, vaulted ceilings, etc.)
- Current market conditions (determined by sales in the immediate area over the past three years.)
To determine the market value of a property, a team of skilled and professionally trained appraisers:
- Visually inspects all properties to ensure that the Assessor's records reflect actual characteristics. (These inspections have been performed throughout the past three years.)
- Reviews and verifies market sales, cost and income data according to accepted appraisal practices.
- Completes market analyses using the CAMA system, comparing properties of similar size, age, location, and description.
- Establishes appraisal values that reflect current market conditions as of January 1, 2017.